Monday, November 26, 2012

Nap Time

It's that time.  Paul dragged the Christmas boxes down from the attic today while I organized our "to do" list into categories.  Shopping, decorating, entertaining, cards...it's Sunday and I have the whole afternoon to be productive but I can't decide what to tackle first.

So I take a nap. 

I just want to savor the relaxed pace of this Thanksgiving weekend a little longer.   Thursday morning's Turkey Trot seems so long ago now.  Any calories we burned were replaced (and more) by four days of feasting with friends.  Lots of laughing.  Too much pie.  No, I take that back.  Never too much pie.  And, well, I'll just throw this in there, The Redskins beat Dallas.

The "to do" list will all get done eventually.  But today I'm thankful for my family and friends, a warm house, good food and a break from doing anything at all.  Today I'm thankful for naps.

Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment: