Sunday, February 16, 2014

Just Another Manic Snow Day

I've had The Bangles song stuck in my head all weekend.  And it's a long one--the weekend, not the song--since we got two more snow days.

This brings our total to 8 snow days, not counting all the delays.

There's a car under there somewhere.
I know people are going crazy.  They are lamenting the winter of their discontent and calling it the winter that ruined all the moms.  I'm not going to lie--I love it.  I don't think I've worked a 5 day work week since, oh, November? 

Even too much snow for the penguin?

Of course, I am past the stage of having little kids when I actually spent time with my children and entertained them all day.  Snow ball fights and baking projects and crafty ideas are exhausting, I know.  Now my children are teenagers and they mostly entertain themselves.  As long as I stock up on Doritos and hot chocolate before a storm, I'm good.
More Doritos, please.


Snow day sleepovers are the best!
So I've actually enjoyed some moments of sitting by the fire with a cup of coffee and a good book.  (Just finished The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd if you are looking for one.)  I have time to take my dog for long walks in the snow.  I go down to my basement and work out.  I have time to do my homework for my grad class.  I am cooking real dinners that consist of more than a box of spaghetti and a jar of sauce.   I am caught up on laundry....kidding.  With all the snow days, I even finished my 2012 yearly photo book.  (No, that is not a typo, and yes, I know what year it is.)

Yes, I know the world is cold and grey.  My front hall seems permanently full of dripping boots and soggy gloves.  We'll probably be in school until August at this rate.  I'm choosing to overlook all of this as I turn off the alarm clock again and master the art of making lemon bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment