Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Clicking My Heels Together

I don't own ruby red slippers like Dorothy.  If I did, I would be clicking them together and begging the Wizard of Oz to take me back to Kansas City.

Last weekend I arrived--not by tornado mind you, I flew United--and it was such a fun weekend with my friend Allyson! 

Allyson's dad picked us up at the airport and whisked us away to Atchison, KS faster than you could say yellow brick road.   There, we toured Allyson's hometown--seeing everything from her childhood home to the Amelia Earhart museum.

home sweet home

Allyson and her good friend Amelia!

Then it was back across the river to Kansas City where we were wined, dined and pampered by our wonderful hosts.

Two great guys!

 
Sunday we visited an art museum and took a walking tour of the city of fountains. 

hmmm, where should we go first?





 

 
I couldn't have asked for better weather or better company!  Hoping for another adventure soon!


 
 


1 comment: